Our top 5 activities this Easter in West Wales
There are so many activities on offer during this year's Easter holidays that we thought we should put down in writing some of the wonderful things to do, places to explore and ways to burn off energy for young and old alike, besides our very own Easter egg hunt on site and kicking back, relaxing and enjoying our Wild Wellingtons' views and all things glamping.
1. Visit as many of the dozen beaches along the coastline closest to Wild
Wellingtons as you possibly can during your stay. Our closest 3 are just over 10 minutes away, with the rest within 35 minutes. Of course if you wish to go further afield, there are even more to explore. You can go coasteering, crabbing, canoeing, coastal walking, rock pooling, surfing, paddle boarding, eat numerous handmade ice creams, go on dolphin boat trips, the list really is endless. I think we need to have a competition to see which of our guests visits the most beaches!
2. Under 30 mins away, Llanerchaeron National Trust has many activities for children such as pet lamb feeding sessions 3 times a day throughout the holidays, Easter egg treasure hunts, Easter crafting and the chance to explore the villa, working farm and lake. Kids can pick up a free scrapbook at reception and start 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 adventures or join the ranger for 50 things fun on Fridays. There's also a lovely little café with outdoor seating.
You can also pop to Aberaeron (7 min drive from Llanerchaeron), a pretty coastal town with rocky beaches to explore and a harbour to stroll around or crab from and the chance to potter around the few shops or try some of the nice places to eat. Pureride Cycles are based at Llanerchaeron if you fancy cycling the short route from Llanerchaeron to Aberaeron along the Afon (River) Aeron. They also rent out kids' bikes, trailers, kids' seats and tagalongs.
3. The Welsh Wildlife Centre in Cilgerran is 20 mins away near Cardigan. Our two, active, boys enjoy the different themed nature trails around the Teifi Marsh Nature Reserve, where you can bird watch in the hides or spot buffalo! Some trails are suitable for bikes or scooters. There's also an adventure play area, the Glasshouse café, gift shop, canoe hire (though we thought it expensive here) and different wildlife crafting sessions each day of the holidays. Apart from the crafting sessions, the cost is just £3 for all day parking. Cilgerran Castle is also closeby.
4. Kids can get their Bear Grylls on and go wild in the woods with
Knight-Fox Wild About Learning, based at New Quay Honey Farm, 16 mins away. Our boys aged 5 and 6 at the time, had a fantastic time building dens, lighting fires, making wooden tools, cooking on the camp fire and more with Ryan (a Forest School Leader) and his wife Cathryn (who holds a Diploma in Play Work Level 2). The honey farm has a café serving drinks, cakes and ice cream if parents want to wait there.
New Quay beach, great for rock pooling, the best gelato in the UK and yummy fish and chips from The Lime Crab, is just 10 minutes away. Keep an eye out on Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre's Facebook site as they often have events for kids and adults, based on raising awareness of our local marine environment.
5. Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park, is surrounded by stunning views on a scenic headland overlooking the nature reserve of Cardigan Island, just under 25 mins away. There are a variety of activities which include seal watching, dolphin spotting, feeding and viewing the animals, cliff-top walking, nature study, including bird watching, and playing on the adventure playground. Parents can rest and enjoy the views, or a cuppa and a cake from the café, whilst kids play in the big sandpit. The walk to the seal view point is about 1000 yards.
There is, of course, so much more to do and that's where the Wild Wellingtons' welcome folders we supply come in handy as they are filled with all the places you can visit here in Ceredigion. You may also find somewhere to explore that we haven't - if that's the case, let us know and we can add it to our ever-growing list!
#Glampingholidayswithadifference #Glampingwithkids #Top5activitiesthisEasterinWestWales #Top5thingstodothisEasterinWestWales #WestWalesDomes #welshglampingholidays #WestWalesGlampingGetaway #Easter2019glampingholidays #wildwellingtons